Wednesday 16 March 2011

Ice-Cream

An ice-cream shared on a crisp wafer dish last Friday made me so happy and  loved. Sweet, cold, creamy, promising. Decadent even. Yes, definitely loved.

It was a stolen moment we shared after a feel-good movie. Stolen because we were supposed to watch those calories after having indulged too much on other stuff. Also stolen, because I hadn't completely got over my cough but I wasn't about to confess it to him at that time!

We dug into our respective flavours stoically; even devouring the toppings and whipped cream with much aplomb. I loved the Chocolate Fudge Brownie (my all-time favourite), Chunky Monkey (his choice!) and Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz (both of us are coffee addicts). Sharing that wafer dish with him was an incredible experience. It tasted  mainly sweet, a little acidic, a tinge of bitterness and a whole lot of crunchiness. And I have not even started describing the taste of the ice-cream yet!

Of course, the three wonderfully sensuous scoops were nothing short of delight. Once past the lips, it slides itself smoothly down your throat, but not before seducing your tongue with its flavourful coolness. It makes you want to lick your lips for that wayward remaining dollop of heaven;  to savour the lust at first scoop all over again. And to repeat that near-climax experience everytime you allow the rich creamy concoction through your lips, tongue, roof of the mouth, throat and even your esophagus; right down to the pit of your tummy. It's been said that eating ice-cream is almost a religious experience. How true.

I will never forget how we shared our wafer dish. We ate if off our fingers. He held it out for me to take dainty bites. But I was no dainty damsel so it was as huge bites as I could muster; much to his chastisement of 'Your hair! Your hair!' It was then a haphazard re-arrangement of my fringe before I could continue my indulgence.If only he could hold up my hair as well..........that would have been so romantic.

I loved it. I loved eating ice-cream with him. I loved him so much then.

No comments:

Post a Comment